About Me

My photo
Beijing, Wangjing, China
I set this blog up as a way to express myself creatively through my writing. I am a 'long distance' member of a writing group in Somerset called "Works in Progress" I am currently working on my first & second novels (simultaneously), along with multiple short stories, poems, and even a childrens story or two....which is very interesting...you know...all those voices talking at once!

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Lazy, Crazy Sunday

I didn't think I was going to be able to finish in time but I did.....with 4 minutes to spare. Thank goodness because after I sent my short story, Lost Memories, I realized that I forgot to put my information on the bottom of the email so I had to add that and resend it. I really enjoy doing that 24 hour short story contest and I try to do it every quarter. You can find out about it at the following webpage:
http://www.writersweekly.com/misc/contest
I have done it for a couple of years. It only costs $5.00 to enter.

Spent the rest of the day working on writing things and resting up. Jacob went to Isaiah's for his 15th birthday party. The homemade icecream was yummy!!

Now I need to get back to earning my ESL certification which I put off when we went to Costa Rica. Monday is as good a day as any to start back up.

I hope eveyone had a wonderful weekend. I know I did. I even got to spend time with my mom and sister who came up from Virginia for a visit.

1 comment:

  1. I am quite happy with the story I came up with, will know something about the contest in 6 weeks. Fingers crossed!! :-)

    ReplyDelete