About Me

My photo
Beijing, Wangjing, China
I set this blog up as a way to express myself creatively through my writing. I am a 'long distance' member of a writing group in Somerset called "Works in Progress" I am currently working on my first & second novels (simultaneously), along with multiple short stories, poems, and even a childrens story or two....which is very interesting...you know...all those voices talking at once!

Sunday, April 25, 2010

24 Hour Short Story Contest

So it is almost 1am on Sunday morning and I have been trying to figure out what to write for this 24 hour contest. I have started and stopped 6 different stories because they just didn't 'feel' right. I knew I didn't want to go with my first instinct because it was too predictable so I have been struggling with it all day. I finally figure out what it is I want to write but my eyelids refuse to cooperate: they keep shutting down on me. I just hope that it is still fresh in my mind when I wake up because I only have until 1pm eastern time to finish it and send it in. Who knows.....maybe I will dream something even better when I go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment