About Me

My photo
Beijing, Wangjing, China
I set this blog up as a way to express myself creatively through my writing. I am a 'long distance' member of a writing group in Somerset called "Works in Progress" I am currently working on my first & second novels (simultaneously), along with multiple short stories, poems, and even a childrens story or two....which is very interesting...you know...all those voices talking at once!

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Put the Bug Spray Away!

After having several weeks of not being able to write....I am so excited to have been bitten by the writing bug! (Not quite sure which bite on my leg was the writing bug and which ones are just bugs, but one of them is definitely the writing bug....I can feel it!)The move took a lot out of me...writing wise....what with the selling all of our posessions and putting our house on the market....I was wondering how long it would take me to get back in the groove. Well let me tell you....I've got my groove on! LOL!

Tomorrow is the 24 Hour Short story contests by Writers Digest and I am so excited. I wasn't sure if things would be settled enough for me to do it but things worked out and I am ready to sit down at 12pm tomorrow and write my heart out. Hmmmmm.....that is central time right? That means it will be 11am here.....guess we better leave for the street market early tomorrow so we can get our fruit and vegetables and get home before it rains!

With any luck I will be really inspired by the writing prompt and will put out one heck of a story. Keep your fingers crossed for me and I will keep you posted on my progress!

*****Okay, I actually did this last night but it didn't post until today because our internet went out...again! Darn those storms!*****

No comments:

Post a Comment