About Me

My photo
Beijing, Wangjing, China
I set this blog up as a way to express myself creatively through my writing. I am a 'long distance' member of a writing group in Somerset called "Works in Progress" I am currently working on my first & second novels (simultaneously), along with multiple short stories, poems, and even a childrens story or two....which is very interesting...you know...all those voices talking at once!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The End of NaNoWriMo 2010

Well it is once again the end of NaNoWriMo....2010....and I did not complete my novel. When I first started this 'project' I thought about working on my current novel "Betrayed" but then I thought...."NO!" I am required to do a new piece of work. Apparently...that is not the case because 14 days into the "assignment" I saw that you could complete a novel you were previously working on.

*****I don't remember that being in the rules before*****

So now, instead of having 3 novels that I am working on....I now have 4 thanks to this one that I just started. FYI....it is really good!

Why is it that something always happens when I agree to do this novel writing assignment in November that derails me from completing the assignment? It can be a severe case of the flu (happened 2 years in a row), my sons broken hand (happened 1 year), or the need to complete everything on my to do list before I move to China (that was this year!).....There just seems to always be a force working against me in November!

I guess the good thing is I have a wonderful story line to work with....I have amazing characters willing to tell me their story....and I have a family that supports me working until all hours of the night so I can try to quiet the voices in my head! I will finish this novel...tentatively titled "Descent into Darkness"

If it wasn't for my dear friend in Georgia....Mr David Matthew Barnes...I would probably throw in the towel. But I just saw that he finally completed his 3rd novel...which he has been working on for 7 years. (Way to go, DMB!!)

This makes me feel like there may be a light at the end of the tunnel for me and my work!

Thanks DMB for always being an inspiration to me!

And for those of you who do not know his work.....go buy his new novel "Mesmerized".

You can find it at http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Mesmerized/David-Matthew-Barnes/e/9781602821910/?itm=1

All you need to do is copy and paste the address on Google and it will come right up!

November is finally over and so is NaNoWriMo. I guess it is time for me to enjoy the lack of pressure and take some more time to work on my novel because.......the only way to complete the novel is to work on it one day at a time.

That is exactly what I plan on doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment